Tray Icon

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
h8uthemost

Tray Icon

Post by h8uthemost »

First off I wanted to thank the developers for adding the tracker grouping option to the gui in the 2.0 release. Plus that Compact View is great. These two things have made Transmission so much more easier to navigate. So thank you.

Now for my question. After updating to Ubuntu 10.04 I noticed that the icon for Transmission in the task tray was weird. It's a different image than the icon that I was used to on the previous versions of Ubuntu(it looks like a simple outline of the usual Transmission icon, where before the icon was the one pictured in the banner at the top of this forum). But it's not the image that is bothering, it's the fact that I can no longer hover my cursor over the icon and see if there's any download/upload activity going on. Plus, I no longer can give a single click on the icon to get Tranmission to pop up. I have to left-click the icon, then hit Show Tranmission.

Was this something that was added to Transmission, or is this some type of problem with Ubuntu 10.04(since it only popped up after I updated). And more importantly, is there anything I can do to get it back to the old icon? Or is this something that the devs would have to do?

Hopefully the devs will know what I'm talking about with this system tray icon.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: By the way I did search about this, but didn't find anything. And it's not how the icon looks like that I care about, it's that it doesn't behave like it did before. I really miss just being able to hover over it and see my down/up speed, and also the single click to either maximize or minimize the app.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Tray Icon

Post by Jordan »

This is something that was done downstream by Ubuntu and is discussed (at length) at https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-ap ... bug/527458

It appears that this is a "wontfix" for 10.04 but they seem to have left the door open for future releases. You may want to add a comment to that ticket and also click on the "does this bug affect you?" link at the top of the page to vote for the ticket.
h8uthemost

Post by h8uthemost »

Ah. Thank you very much. I wasn't sure if this was a Transmission thing or an Ubuntu thing. I will do what you suggested and leave a comment along with clicking the affect you link.

Thanks for the info.
Tommy599

Post by Tommy599 »

You can still single-click: click the icon, drag your mouse over the Show Transmission item and let go. Same for other menus in Ubuntu too (right-click in Chromium for example).