Bad UI interactivity

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
iro

Bad UI interactivity

Post by iro »

As subject says on my system the Gtk+ UI is really bad WRT to interactivity, sometimes it may take more than a second to redraw and to select a clicked torrent.
The Qt4 one feels much more responsive to me, however it doesn't integrate as well in GNOME.

Has anyone else noticed that?
Tavo

Re: Bad UI interactivity

Post by Tavo »

I'm noticing the GTK ui is very sluggish theese days, I have around 30 torrents (only 2 are active, the rest are paused) and it uses 100% of the cpu just scrolling the torrent list, I have Ubuntu Maverick and Transmission 2.13 (11501) from the PPA
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

Tavo wrote:I'm noticing the GTK ui is very sluggish theese days, I have around 30 torrents (only 2 are active, the rest are paused) and it uses 100% of the cpu just scrolling the torrent list, I have Ubuntu Maverick and Transmission 2.13 (11501) from the PPA
I've brought that up with Jordan on IRC, but I haven't made a ticket out of it. It spikes if there are any paused torrents in that filter when scrolling.

Edit: https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/3887
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

Jordan pinned it down. The problem is caused by Ubuntu themes that use the murrine engine. Changing the appearance to Clearlooks "fixed" it for me.

Code: Select all

rolcol@laptop:~$ GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc transmission-gtk &
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Any productive information about the behavior in the murrine engine should be reported upstream to this ticket:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/655024
Tavo

Post by Tavo »

Thanks, I'll be changing the theme for now and follow the launchpad thread. I thought for a moment that my aging Athlon XP was too old for doing anything nowadays...