Hello Developers ~/.local/share/Trash Being Created

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
Bizi

Hello Developers ~/.local/share/Trash Being Created

Post by Bizi »

Hi,

I'm running Slackware with only OpenBox as my desktop and I just noticed the other day when deleting a torrent by right clicking on it, 'Delete Files and Remove', that the path, ~/.local/share/Trash is being created. Well this wouldn't be such a problem if everything being placed there was actually deleted at some point, but instead it just keeps filling up.

I also use a file manger called PCManFM-Mod which is a modified version of the legacy PCMan File Manager v0.5.2 and it does not have trash support, so when you delete something it gets deleted. But for some odd reason, now with Tranmssion making this trash path I noticed the file manager no longer deleting, but also placing everything into this path.

So now Tranmssions keeps dumping into this path filling it up and so does this filemanager, which it shouldn't be doing this, a bug I'll have to report over Transmission affecting the file manger behaviour.

This is a bit of a pain, now a two step process, deleting something, then needing to go to this path and delete it again...

I also noticed in the preferences under the Torrents tab section, 'Move .torrent file to trash', again the behaviour I would not want, since OpenBox, nor PCManFM-Mod do not have any Trash features/options...

I had a look at the source, ./configure --help and noticed no options for disabling this trash feature.

I hope some of the Transmission developers will see this and please make an option for those that wish to disable this trash path along with the 'Move .torrrent file to trash', so that these things are simply deleted.

For the source, I guess making an option --disable-trash and in the preferences two options;

'Move .torrent file to trash'
'Delete .torrent file'

Thank you...
Bizi

Re: Hello Developers ~/.local/share/Trash Being Created

Post by Bizi »

So settings.json file setting it to false just deletes it?

I looked over briefly that bug report, didn't notice anything as it relates to my problems, so I submitted a report...

Thank you...
Bizi

Post by Bizi »

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly...

If I change to like this;

"trash-original-torrent-files": true,

Then they are deleted and if false, moved to the trash?

THANKS
Bizi

Post by Bizi »

x190 wrote:
Bizi wrote:I'm not sure if I understand this correctly...

If I change to like this;

"trash-original-torrent-files": true,

Then they are deleted and if false, moved to the trash?

THANKS
Not quite.

false = untouched
true = gonzo -- where depends on whether or not your system has trash support.

Did you read my post? If so you see I do not care for Trash and my system and file manager do not have support for Trash, but Transmission is making a Trash /path...

So why would I ask you a question about false and true, unless what? ---> I wanted it deleted :)

So I guess this brings us back to the beginning...

THANKS
Bizi

Post by Bizi »

Ok thanks...