Graphical bug | Ubuntu 11.10 - lines "whited" out [SOLVED]

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
drpfenderson

Graphical bug | Ubuntu 11.10 - lines "whited" out [SOLVED]

Post by drpfenderson »

EDIT - Problem is with certain GTK themes. Can be fixed by switching themes.

Hello there!
I started experiencing a graphical bug in Transmission a couple months back...but it hasn't really been bothering me as much until recently.

First off, system details:
Transmission: v2.42
Ubuntu: 11.10 (64-bit) - stock Unity
Kernel: 3.0.0-15-generic
GNOME: 3.2.1

BUG REPORT
It seems that sometimes random lines are "whited" out, and only appear sometimes when I scroll over them with my mouse - and even then, only SOMETIMES.

Here are some screenshots of the same part of a screen BEFORE/AFTER rolling over the torrents with my mouse. NOTE: The blurring effect is mine (I'm not a pirate, but it's not your business what I download), but the white blocks are totally unintentional and is the bug I'm reporting:

BEFORE

AFTER MOVING OVER WITH MOUSE

AFTER HIGHLIGHTING A SELECTION

I thought it might be related to the number of torrents - but even a sizable reduction (to around 500) did not fix the bug. It seems to have cropped up randomly a few months ago, and I'm not even sure it's related to a specific version. Even thought it might be related to foreign characters in torrents...but I cannot seem to find a pattern in the whited-out selections. Some appear when rolled over, or only when selected...some never appear at all. I have to go to the torrent properties to even see which one it is.

They're all from different trackers, different sizes, and different types of files.

Another odd thing is that it seems "directionally" triggered. If I move my mouse upwards over some of them, they disappear. If I move my mouse down over them, they appear AS SOON AS my mouse leaves the last pixel of the blank space.

This bug ONLY appears in Transmission, and has not cropped up in any other program or part of my OS.

EDIT: Something I JUST noticed is that it seems to be the text AND line colors that disappear....but sometimes it's just the text. Check the second screenshot - you can clearly see the line coloring behind the torrent name. But the text is missing. Even the graphical frame is there, but not the internal numbers and progress bar.
Last edited by drpfenderson on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
stewacide

Re: Graphical bug in Ubuntu 11.10 - lines are "whited" out?

Post by stewacide »

I'm having this same problem in 11.10 as well. Just started recently.
SI1O24~1.PNG
SI1O24~1.PNG (128.02 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
SHHOUP~8.PNG
SHHOUP~8.PNG (75.69 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
drpfenderson

Post by drpfenderson »

I would report this as a bug in the tracker, but I have no idea how I would go about reporting it, as there doesn't seem to be a way to reproduce the bug and no errors appear in console. :(
indieross

Post by indieross »

i had the same issue. give transmission-qt a try, it does not have that problem