SOLVED - Seeds are pausing unexplicably

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
BorderBoetie

SOLVED - Seeds are pausing unexplicably

Post by BorderBoetie »

I'm running 2.77 (14031) on ubuntu. The version installed on ubuntu by default.

These are torrents that I uploaded and are seeding. They are currently pausing at ratio 1 and can't continue passed that point.

I start with: I removed the global settings. I set the per torrent settings to seed forever. Still pause. I press start again and these still pause. I verify local data, and get no issues, but they still pause.
I also try: Set per torrent settings to global settings and set the global ratio to 10. They still pause.

I check the message log. All it says is the torrents are being paused. No error message to indicate what is happenning.

Any ideas on this?

Help would be appreciated as I'm currently pausing these on ratio 1. And nobody has a complete file which is going to end in frustrated people...
Last edited by BorderBoetie on Sat May 25, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BorderBoetie

Re: Seeds are pausing unexplicably

Post by BorderBoetie »

I've also paused all other up/downloads to make sure that these aren't influencing them.
BorderBoetie

Post by BorderBoetie »

Should I file a bug?
BorderBoetie

Post by BorderBoetie »

I edited the resume file to change the the bytes uploaded to a different value to a low number and it resumed but will stop again if it reaches a ratio of 1.
BorderBoetie

Post by BorderBoetie »

Has anyone else seen this?
BorderBoetie

Post by BorderBoetie »

x190 wrote:Perhaps you're editing the wrong settings.json file or you need to edit said file?

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles
I was changing the options in the gui and checked and they were changing in the settings file also. I also checked all locations and couldn't find another settings file.
BorderBoetie

Post by BorderBoetie »

Figured it out. This was couchpotato that was forcing seeding to stop at 1. Not sure why it was doing so for all downloads instead of just downloads it started.