Preferences reset on Ubuntu GNOME 13.04

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
pgarlinski

Preferences reset on Ubuntu GNOME 13.04

Post by pgarlinski »

Running into a strange issue on Transmission 2.77 where the preferences 'seem' to be reset upon each launch of Transmission.

Using a fresh install of Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 (i.e. drive was wiped and Ubuntu installed from disc), with GNOME Shell 3.8.2 with no extensions loaded. When launching Transmission GTK+, it prompts with the standard warning and standard settings in place. After accepting the warning and modifying settings, I quit the program. Upon relaunching Transmission, the warning reappears and NONE of the settings that I had set earlier are retained. It's as if the program 'reset itself'.

I deleted the directory ~/.config/transmission and then resetup my settings within Transmission. After quitting Transmission and then relaunching, I had the same issue.

I did manage to workaround the issue, however. I edited the settings.json within ~/.config/transmission using a text editor. In this case, I used gedit. I changed the settings accordingly and saved the file. After doing this, I launched Transmission and the settings are now retained. I tried quitting and relaunching Transmission several times and everytime it worked.

I also tested by deleting my configuration again and changing the settings from within the GTK+ interface. After doing this, I looked at the settings.json file and it appears that the settings ARE being written to the file. To me, it seems like there's something going on with the GTK+ interface not being able to set the settings correctly, but I'm really not sure.

I have NOT tried this on any other version of Ubuntu or any other Linux Distro.

Thanks!