Huawei usb 3G, slow DL

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
jtoem

Huawei usb 3G, slow DL

Post by jtoem »

I live in Madagascar and I am using this Huawei key right, and I had Xubuntu for a while and was dling files at about 100kbps on transmission. I switched to Linux mint and its sort of capped at 30kbps now.

So, the port I am using is closed, as it was on Xubuntu. I dont really know how to open the port. and i am a bit confused why it works at all with a closed port but i guess i am not complaining, just confused.

I used the port forwarding button to no avail and i set the dl limits highs, which also was no help

first thing was going http://www.transmissionbt.com/help/gtk/ ... outer.html but i cant find my rounter configuration screen. on both firefow and chrome, when i put my ip address in the url bar the page is not found.

I tried in the terminal with this sort of ufw thing, ufw allow PORT/tcp. now ive got a rule that says the port is allowed, but on transmission it stills says it is closed and the dl speed still scks. the other point about ufw is that transmission is not in the app list but i coudlnt figure out how to add it.

in the transmission help menu it says to set the log to debug and toggle the port forwarding switch, sohere is a brief version

Thu Dec 5 08:40:48 2013 Saved "/home/jtoem/.config/transmission/stats.json"
Thu Dec 5 08:40:48 2013 Port Forwarding Stopped
Thu Dec 5 08:41:57 2013 Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) initnatpmp succeeded (0)
Thu Dec 5 08:41:57 2013 debug Port Forwarding (UPnP) UPNP_GetValidIGD failed (errno 0 - Success)
Thu Dec 5 08:41:57 2013 debug Port Forwarding (UPnP) If your router supports UPnP, please make sure UPnP is enabled!
Thu Dec 5 08:44:05 2013 debug Port Forwarding (NAT-PMP) readnatpmpresponseorretry failed. Natpmp returned -7 (the gateway does not support nat-pmp); errno is 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)