Torrent pauses automatically.

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
drakinosh

Torrent pauses automatically.

Post by drakinosh »

I'm currently downloading a big torrent file, greater than 100 gb through individual files. Since I have a slow downlaod speed(64 kB/s), I need to keep transmission running 24/7 for many days. The problem is, whenever I leave it on at night to download a part of the torrent(ETA 8 hrs), I wake up in the morning to find out the download has not progressed much(still shows ETA 6-7 hrs when I left it running for 8 hrs). This has happened three nights in a row, and the download has always paused with a "Verify local data error." It downloads fine in daytime. The torrent has 65 seeders and 51 leechers. I'm running ubuntu 12.04 and transmission 2.51.

If this is a problem with the torrent itself, can it be resumed automatically whenever there is a verify local data error?
drakinosh

Re: Torrent pauses automatically.

Post by drakinosh »

I forgot to mention that this seems to happen only at night. I leave the torrents to download, sleep, and wake up to find that only minutes of progress have been made. This may be due to me being in a different time zone than the seeders, but is there any way to auto-resume such paused torrents.