Blocked seeding

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
malcolmmaya

Blocked seeding

Post by malcolmmaya »

Hello everyone !

This is probably a newbie question. Sorry in advance.

I created a torrent using Transmission 2.84 under Fedora 20. I just followed every direction given (File -> New...). It's not private, I have 4 trackers in the list.

Then I can connect connect to the trackers but whenever someone tries to download the file (I just sent them the .torrent generated before, I hope this is how it's working) it's refused on their side. On mine, I can see "Blocked" written next to the "Sharing to...". Can someone help me understand what is happening and why I can't seem to be able to send seed ?

Just tell me which info you need and I'll be happy to obliged. It's the first time I'm posting here so I don't really know what to post to help :/.

Thanks a lot,
Best,
malcolmmaya

Re: Blocked seeding

Post by malcolmmaya »

How can I know if I use one ?

I personaly did nothing in order to use one.
malcolmmaya

Post by malcolmmaya »

Following your links, I checked for the presence of files in transmission configuration folder.

There is no file in .config/transmission/blocklists. No bin nor anything. Thus I don't think I'm using any blocklist
malcolmmaya

Post by malcolmmaya »

Here in the screenshot you can see "Bloqué" which means "Blocked".

Sorry for being so slow at giving the good information and thanks for your patience.
Attachments
Blocked
Blocked
Blocked.png (45.36 KiB) Viewed 7929 times
malcolmmaya

Post by malcolmmaya »

Sorry, first language French here :mrgreen: . I knew only one translation of "bloqué" and I didn't know how "blocked" hadn't that meaning in English :P. I searched for the translation of "Stalled" and I get why I got you and I confused. Sorry about that =).

Ok I did the change you recommend on setting.jason. I'll see if it's effective as soon as I can use transmission. I'm not going to say I understood everything (like why did it considered my torrent as Stalled ?) but I'll search on that later when I'll have time. Thanks a lot !

On the last point about the tracker, they seemed to work fine as when I opened properties -> Tracker (or something in those line, sorry I can't start Transmission and see for now). I mean, for some trackers, it listed 1 person sending the file and 1 person trying to download it. Just nothing was sent. Tell me if I'm wrong :oops: .