Transmission completely hoses my internet connection

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
EvilWayz

Transmission completely hoses my internet connection

Post by EvilWayz »

I am running Ubuntu 14.04.2 gnome and using Transmission version 2.82 (14160). When I woke up this morning and checked my downloads I noticed that nothing was downloading but I was seeding just fine. Then I discovered I couldn't use the internet, all my pages either resulted in timeouts, dns lookup errors, or dns probe no internet errors. A couple of times after a really long pause with " resolving host" at the bottom of the page, I would randomly get a page, but it wasn't formatted or loaded correctly. I also couldn't connect any of my portable devices through wifi. When I turned off transmission and restarted my browser, everything was fine. I haven't touched the settings, and I didn't pay attention to see if transmission had updated when I let Ubuntu update.

When I restart transmission, it seeds immediately, but when i check on the partially downloaded files, all of them say "queued for more peers" but they never do, even if i use the "ask tracker for more peers" option.

I've been using transmission for as long as I've been using Linux, and i've never had a problem with using transmission and going about my business on the internet at the same time. I don't have any idea where to start because i've been using these settings for as long as I can remember as well.

Oh, and it's just this computer, I just downloaded a torrent on my laptop just fine,