[feature request] Autoban bad/malcious seeders.

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
ifurn0

[feature request] Autoban bad/malcious seeders.

Post by ifurn0 »

Title just about says it all:

A temporary (day or more) ban of seeders that keep on sending you "corrupted data" with a decent seedbox/connection one could DOS a torrent or make things annoying for everyone using the transmission client, its surprising that this has not been requested before or added as a feature its by far not a new tactic of anti-p2p and general pests, worse ones seed corrupted .torrent files with the magnet links. Transmission does just about everything else i can think of!

keep up the good work

for now, as a stopgap measure, what is the syntax for ban lists? is there a new line control caracter? i treid all i could think of but it wont load the rules
if cldr is needed please show cldr in seeder list
ifurn0

Re: [feature request] Autoban bad/malcious seeders.

Post by ifurn0 »

x190 wrote:#1 Already happens. Peers are banned after sending 5 bad pieces.

#2 https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Blocklists
my apologies for my drunken mistake looking for a reply in the wrong thread getting lost and making a new post, my bad but this is the situation:
viewtopic.php?f=7&p=72724#p72724

i only noticed after it was made and not exactly sure about the proper forum ediqute in this situation, so i let it stand and live with the embarrassment forever as Google likes to make it so. Thanks for the banjoist syntax, it will come in handy, just not in this situation methinks i have to unfortunately escalate this from a feature request to a bug report.