Where is the history of completed downloads stored?

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
FJX7rDB

Where is the history of completed downloads stored?

Post by FJX7rDB »

I've been running transmission on a debian wheezy based distro that shutdown and I built a new vm with debian jessie and I would like to migrate the previous history store. You know when you try to add a .torrent and you've already downloaded it and it appends .added and won't waste your bandwidth again? I like that, I want to keep it. If possible I would like to know if I can read that and export but that's not as important as simple moving it.

SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64

old vm was running as a app after user logged in. In the new VM I'm setting it up with the daemon so I need to know where the file is stored for both situations please.

Same version in both installs.
Transmission 2.84 (14307)
FJX7rDB

Re: Where is the history of completed downloads stored?

Post by FJX7rDB »

No, I'm trying to figure out where is transmission storing the record of previously downloaded torrents? It has to store the name or some kind of ID or fingerprint somewhere to know this.
FJX7rDB

Post by FJX7rDB »

Ok, right now the watch folder is empty. There are no loaded torrents because everything is either finished or removed. when I do a ls -laR of my .config folder there is only 1 file blocklist.bin which I believe holds the blocklist I subscribe to.

What I'm looking for is what/where the system stores the information so that it knows if I add a .torrent that it has previously downloaded it appends '.added' and doesn't re-download the file again.
FJX7rDB

Post by FJX7rDB »

Well crap, I was wrong. I could've sworn it did but I tested tonight. my bad. Damn, I wonder how full my queue must have been to duplicate drop often enough to notice that.