Scheduled Speed Limit

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
unhitched

Scheduled Speed Limit

Post by unhitched »

Apologies if this has been asked before - but I searched and did not find...

Transmission on my Mac has a "Schedule Speed Limit Between" preference - but a recent Ubuntu box I built did not have this in the default install of Transmission and even after upgrading to 1.3.2 (6455) I do not see it.

Am I missing something or is the Ubuntu version?
mezz

Re: Scheduled Speed Limit

Post by mezz »

This feature does not exist in GTK+ client.
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

If you're feeling adventurous, you can easily script such a feature using the transmission-remote.
jw5801

Post by jw5801 »

I've recently upgraded from transmission-1.20 to the most recent transmission-1.42 and my scripts no longer work. In the older version I had the following crontab to start all torrents at 1am and stop them at 7am:

Code: Select all

*  1 * * * if [ `pidof transmission` ]; then transmission-remote -s all -t gtk; fi
 *  7 * * * if [ `pidof transmission` ]; then transmission-remote -S all -t gtk; fi
However transmission-remote seems to have undergone a complete revamp and is not backward compatible. As I understand it, the new syntax to stop all torrents should be:

transmission-remote -tall -S
However this errors out with:

transmission-remote: (localhost:9091) Couldn't connect to server
It appears as if there is no longer a switch to tell transmission-remote to talk to the gtk frontend rather than look for a daemon. I've tried starting the daemon and then running the command, which reports success, but has no effect at all on any torrents in the gtk frontend. Is there something I'm missing that I need to get this to work?
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

Btw, Check out: http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Scripts.

Feedback and more scripts welcome!
jw5801

Post by jw5801 »

That's all well and good, the script for scheduling won't work for me currently, however, as I cannot connect to the gtk transmission with transmission-remote at all. Is there a configuration option somewhere that I'm missing?
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

You do need to enable rpc/web ui first and make sure the white-list is correct. Also, the scripts assume you have Transmission v1.42. I'm assuming the options are in the preferences, otherwise check the wiki.
jw5801

Post by jw5801 »

Cheers! Had to enable the Web Interface to allow transmission-remote to connect. Not the most intuitive step to take, but all is working now.