[BUG] You can view Properties of no Torrent

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
lukeen

[BUG] You can view Properties of no Torrent

Post by lukeen »

Transmission-1.60 from stable PPA
Ubuntu 9.04

when you right click in the free space of the torrent list, all entries but "Properties" are disabled. but there cannot be a properties dialog for no selected torrent.
same when you left click into the list, no torrent is selected (btw: thanks for that, i love to have nothing selected). the properties icon is still available in the toolbar.

=> so also the "Properties" entry (from right click menu and "Torrent" menubar) and toolbar icon should get disabled when no torrent is selected.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: [BUG] You can view Properties of no Torrent

Post by Jordan »

This isn't a bug. You can have any number of selections reflected in the properties dialog.
lukeen

Post by lukeen »

hmm yeah but it makes no sense to view properties of nothing?
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

What's going on here is that you can change the selection and the properties dialog will update automatically.

Should the dialog close when no torrents are selected? :)
lukeen

Post by lukeen »

hmm well wouldn't it be more logical if the properties dialog would not update and would just view properties of one torrent? just a suggestion...
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

If you can only get one torrent in the properties dialog at a time, how do you set the peer/speed/ratio limits of a group of torrents all at once?
lukeen

Post by lukeen »

ok ok i surrender ;) i have never used such feature though...
well then when you select nothing the elements in the properties dialog should be disabled somehow, to emphasize that you have not selected anything, imho.
maybe i'm just too much into all the design, interface, usability stuff since i'm studying those things... :mrgreen:

btw: german translations are all updated :)
lukeen

Post by lukeen »

Jordan wrote:What's going on here is that you can change the selection and the properties dialog will update automatically.
well this feature seems removed in the newest version, so now the properties button in the toolbar should be disabled when no torrent is selected.