Share Ratio 1.02?

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
phantomlord

Share Ratio 1.02?

Post by phantomlord »

Good day,

I am new to using Transmission, and so far I really like it.
I have searched through the forums looking for my answer, but find no exact match.
I am using Transmission 1.51 (7963) running on Ubuntu 9.04

I get decent speeds with the default settings. I only limit upload during peak hours, and no limit all night.
I seed as much as I can.

To the point:
My share ratio keeps dropping back to 1:02.
I have seeded up to 1:36 1:56 even. And when Transmission is re-started, it goes back to 1:02 for no apparent reason.
Same files, same shares. Has done this several times with exact same settings.

Thanks for any input.
nikolam

Ratio problem with upgrade

Post by nikolam »

I have the same problem,
I was using 1.34 or something, long and happily on XUbuntu Hardy 8.04.3/LTS 64-bit.
Then I installed 1.73 I found on ubuntu Karmic repositories and made regular packages for my hardy.

Now, my ratio it locked on 1.51 where it was before and doesn`t go UP anymore!

Also, previous trying to update to newer versions ended up just like this, with problems of preserving my ratio!.

How do I upgrade in secure way so that my ratio trays untouched?
It is insane for me to do uploading for months and now to loose ratio for program upgrade!
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Share Ratio 1.02?

Post by livings124 »

Ratios are maintained by the trackers. What's shown in Transmission is separate from that.
nikolam

Post by nikolam »

Thank you for your answer, but it does not help me.
When I use 1.34 it is working fine, ratio it growing when seeding and droping when downloading.
But when i upgrade transmission, everything breaks.

You are saying that I must use OLD version of transmission to maintain my ratio?
Is n`t there a way to do the same in newer Transmission versions?
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

No, I'm not saying that at all. Are you sure you're are uploading? What is the ratio and amount uploaded and downloaded?
nikolam

Post by nikolam »

My ratio was 1.51 month ago. And after installing back to 1.34 and used for few minutes, it growed to 1.52.
After few nights of uploading with 1.73 it is still on 1.52 (I have 128Kbit upload, that gives up to 15K up but I do not limit and it shows even bigger rates etc.

At bandwidth meter i xfce panel, I see outgoing traffic, and there is a graph at provider`s site with
5min resolution that shows steady uploading. So yes, I am sending data and gaining no bigger ratio..

I can test newer versions etc, using Xubuntu Hardy 8.04 LTS 64-bit, but it needs to be packeged as .deb or provided with uninstall instructions etc.
I can also check it out on Opensolaris x86 install (provided that I can switch my profile back and forward on another platform) and also on Debian5 64bit in Virtualbox and maybe Ubuntu Karmic i Vbox too.
nikolam

Post by nikolam »

Hello I removed Transmission and installed 1.34 version
My ratio now finally moves again up to 1.53..
So Please do some testing with update users so you make sure ratio is working for seeders in newer version.
I can`t update to version that simply won`t give me ratio I own, when I am seeding.