saving share ratio on fresh install

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
OttoBismark

saving share ratio on fresh install

Post by OttoBismark »

I am a long time, heavy, very satisfied Transmission user and am planning on wiping my drive and doing a fresh install of ubuntu Jaunty and have been trying to find a way to take my share ratio to my new system. I lost my ratio about a year ago when I filled the folder that Transmission stored in to capacity and Transmission crashed and froze and would not restart. My possibly reckless solution of dealing with the situation was to try Deluge, then I removed the broken Transmission and re-installed a fresh one, setting my ratio back to 0.0. It took a lon time to rebuild my share ratio, and do not want to do it again.
Now I can download a large file and it does not affect my ratio, and I believe my downloads on public trackers are faster because of it. I need to reformat the whole drive, can I save certain files from Transmission, and put them on my new system? I can not seem to find any info on this anywhere else, maybe someone here can help!
I am using Jaunty now with Transmission 1.51 (7963)
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: saving share ratio on fresh install

Post by Jordan »

The config files you want to make backups of are in ~/.config/transmission/

The overall cumulative ratio is stored in ~/.config/transmission/stats.json

The per-torrent ratios are stored in ~/.config/transmission/resume/${torrentname}.resume

Note that these only affect what you see in Transmission. Trackers have their own,
pay-as-you-go method of logging and keeping ratios. You could edit stats.json to give
yourself a 1000000-to-1 ratio and it wouldn't make any difference to the tracker.

More information on the config files:

http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles
OttoBismark

Re: saving share ratio on fresh install

Post by OttoBismark »

Thanks for the help. That is twice now I have asked a question on this forum, that I could of found an answer to elsewhere, Whoops.
So thanks for your patience, quick assistance, and your user-friendly application.