Can't remove torrents

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
fizzjob

Can't remove torrents

Post by fizzjob »

I came across a few people in the general support forum with similar issues, but their solutions (or lack thereof) don't seem to apply to me.

Running Transmission 1.74 on Ubuntu 9.04, and suddenly torrents that I thought I had deleted (right-cick, Remove or right-click, Delete Files and Remove) keep coming back the next time I start Transmission. I have deleted the downloaded data, and the torrents folder is empty - clearly, Transmission is caching something somewhere (a .conf file somewhere, maybe?), but I can't figure out where.

For the moment, I'm just pausing unwanted torrents, but it's still kind of annoying...I'd like this to go back to the way it used to be.

Thanks!
stan

Re: Can't remove torrents

Post by stan »

Just for the record, I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) and Transmission 1.51. This version comes standard with Jaunty. I know it's not the latest version but I have read the changelog and have not seen a related fix so I guess it may still be an exisiting problem.

Thanks.
whynot

Post by whynot »

I just started having this problem with Transmission 1.51 on Ubuntu 9.04 as well. Torrents I tried to start would end up paused and would come back when I tried to delete them.

I found the torrent files in ~/.config/transmission/torrents and deleted them from there. Now all seems to be well, although I won't start any more downloads until I upgrade Ubuntu and Transmission...
whynot

Post by whynot »

Something like this is still happening to me after upgrading to Transmission 1.75 and Ubuntu 9.10. Most of the time when I start Transmission, it won't connect to trackers (next scrape and next announce are always "in progress"). When this happens, torrents I delete come back the next time (i.e., they're not removed from the .config folder).

The problem doesn't seem to depend on my ISP or the port used. Once in a while when I start Transmission, it works fine, but I can't figure out what the difference is.
whynot

Post by whynot »

Okay, it seems that the problem is fixed by turning off port forwarding, so it might not be related to the issues that the other folks here are having.