Help the latest update broke transmission!

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
EdUdE

Help the latest update broke transmission!

Post by EdUdE »

When i updated to the latest distro of ubuntu all of my settings in transmission were set back to defaults. Worse yet every time i try to download something i get "tracker request failed got http status code 400 (bad request)" followed shortly there after by "Tracker returned a 4xx message". Does anyone know how to fix this?
misfitpierce

Re: Help the latest update broke transmission!

Post by misfitpierce »

Try downloading a version of ubuntu from the ubuntu site from torrent download and make sure the port is open on your firewall in ubuntu and on router/modem... Then let us know if its still giving you an error on something like that. I just got 1.75 and everything works fine except blocklist updates instantly and says 0 which is not great but whatever ha.

Can also try going to http://getdeb.net and download version 1.75 on there and it may fix your problems from your current version of Transmission.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

EdUdE: Have you worked through the bullet points in http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/SlowSpeeds?
misfitpierce

Post by misfitpierce »

For the blocklist thing... You can go into .config/transmission/blocklists or whatever and manually put 1 or 2 blocklist text files there and itll incorporate them into the app. I get the 0 blocklist thing too so I just manually put level 1 and level 2 text files there and now got 608,000+ blocked.
charlesc

Post by charlesc »

The OP isn't imagining things. I'd been running the builds from http://ppa.launchpad.net/transmissionbt/ -- was running 1.74 successfully. The 1.75 update came through a couple days ago, and after restarting Transmission, all torrents sit idle with no obvious cause.

Removing transmission and reinstalling 1.51 from the main Ubuntu repositories fixes the problem. It looks like it's a problem with the ppa 1.75 build -- not sure what.
misfitpierce

Post by misfitpierce »

That's odd... The build from getdeb.net of Transmission 1.75 works perfectly for me. The IPBlocklist is even working again. Everything works 100% perfect on 1.75 for me.
ChuckTx

Post by ChuckTx »

Gang,
Interesting problem I cannot solve... my linux (FC-14 64-bit ver 2.11 (11322) is now getting '0' updates on the blocklist (2 weeks ago was fine).
I'm IPV4 only, due to ISP and super fast ADSL2+ modem I refuse to give up for IPV6 support.......

However... I have 203,000+ entries in blocklist and it's showing as level1.bin

An update tells me (thanks to the transmission-qt update from Fedora) when I get an update the blocklist by hand,, it shows 0 rules in blocklist.... so one of the files is missing.... the level2.bin (?)

How do I 'jump start' this by manually creating the level 2 file header / something and make sure it's all per specs or have blocklists been dorked with thanks to 'you-know-who'?

Mr TransBT owner, you should remember me from times long ago... I've been quiet, busy and away from the sunlight on advanced R&D with GPUs.

I only use transmission.. period... it will suck up ALL of my ADSL2+ line speed without blinking. I also ONLY use windows (Win-7 + Vista) in a Linux VM...... how's that for a turn-about of fair play???? :)
My line is good for 32 Mbit/sec but I'm not running it at full speed to avoid FEC errors. 25 is plenty for my internal network (dual 1 Gib switched layers and subnets).

Admins / moderators, you have my addy.... I've read I have to create something of a 'level2.bin' file now to get things properly populated????? or is it still the fact the blocklist feed is dorked up?
Do you have an example / can post or email some help on what to do in the .config/transmission/blocklist dir to fix things to proper? It appears the program is right, but old Fedora release was dorked....
I've NEVER had a 600,000+ length blocklist like I should. I run with encryption required, DHT, PEX, local peers all on. Does this new version require something I don't have... FYI... I can't build my own because
because Fedora folks are behind rev on the building tools I need. I would have to be 100% non-standard devel environment to built Trans-BT.... aka.. a heck of a lot of work.

Please feel free to direct email me or notify me of message/post here on the forum.

With great thanks in advance,
Chuck

PS: the trans client web interface is SUPER.... it is FASTER than the gui (as expected) when downloading. Keep up the GREAT work,

PPS: My config is simple enough I can uninstall, clean up and re-install cold from FC-14 folks if needed..... but think it's just an oversight (again) on their part.
Anubis72

Post by Anubis72 »

Hi All!
I need some help about transmission. I’m running it on Dlink 323 something happened with the electricity shut down for a few second after that the transmission stopped.
I’ve tried to start again but there was not possible, so I upgrade it for the latest version and after I wanted to start trasnmision again and I got the next error massage :
JSON parser failed in /mnt/HD_a2/.transmission/settings.json at line 1, column 1: "d13:activity-dat"
Does anyone can help me what to check?
Thanks for your assistance in advance!
Anubis
Anubis72

Post by Anubis72 »

Could you please tell me how to do it, because I'm not an expert in this field.
Thanks in advance!
Anubis72

Post by Anubis72 »

Hi!
Thanx for your help it has been worked. Now my trasmission working well. :)
Anubis72

Post by Anubis72 »

Hi Again!

I still have a problem could you please help me.
After when Transmission could run again I had a problem with a downloading, when I started to download somethig I got the error message like this:
No such file or directory (/home/nobody/Downloads

After I changed the directory in the settings file because I have a different detination to download:

"alt-speed-time-begin": 540,
"alt-speed-time-day": 127,
"alt-speed-time-enabled": false,
"alt-speed-time-end": 1020,
"alt-speed-up": 50,
"bind-address-ipv4": "0.0.0.0",
"bind-address-ipv6": "::",
"blocklist-enabled": false,
"blocklist-url": "http://www.example.com/blocklist",
"cache-size-mb": 2,
"dht-enabled": true,
"download-dir": "/mnt/HD_a2/torrent", like this
"encryption": 0,
"idle-seeding-limit": 30,
"idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,
"incomplete-dir": "/mnt/HD_a2/torrent,",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,
"lpd-enabled": false,
"message-level": 2,
"peer-congestion-algorithm": "",
"peer-limit-global": 240,
"peer-limit-per-torrent": 60,

After this step the torrent is goes the right place, but very slowly when I start one downoading its sometimes more than 3 or 6 minutes when it start and rather slowly comes down. For example if there are 8 seeder I can connect only one.
Also my seed is not working because at the seeder 0(0) also the leecher 0(0) is like tihs with all my torrent.

Do you have any idea what can be the problem. My problem is that I'm not an expert in linux therefore it realy complecated to do any changes. I'm just a normal user...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Anubis
Anubis72

Post by Anubis72 »

Hi!

I need your kind help again.
Now my downloading goes well but the seed is not working, because at the seeder 0(0) also the leecher 0(0) is like tihs with all my torrents. Some of my torrents like this: seeder 20(0) but no connected.
I'm using the transmission 2.33 version, I read somwhere perhaps this version not working well, according to the seed.
Is that right or do you have some other idea what can I check to have a right seed.
Sometimes when I download something during downloading is also goes the seed but very slow and only 1 could download from me.

Please let me know if you have an idea what can be the problem with my seed.

Thanks in advance!

Anubis