FAILED DL

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
miked348

FAILED DL

Post by miked348 »

I am new to Transmission so bear with me! I have the default client for Umbutu 8.10 and have just today started to figure out why my download speed is so slow. I have been good to allow all my downloaded movies (what I use it for) to be used as a reference after I download them. I read some posts and adjusted my Upload to a limit to avoid any issue with the ACK's not having bandwidth to respond (I should note I am a 30+ year Unix kernel analyst) and saw a marked improvement. I did a router forward of PPTP over to my download box and thought all was well!

I did see better results and I guess it is a little better but.....not what I expect. I get like 300-400 bB/sec on Upload and from 2 to 180 bB on download which is slow I think!! Since my recent router change and putting the limit of 200 on Upload and 400 on Download....I noted in the Property tab a note which said Failed DL of 4MB!!

What is this Failed DL and should I worry about it being a large number like 4MB?

How can I get this working faster and right?

Thanks in advance......

-------mikeD
John Clay
Transmission Project

Re: FAILED DL

Post by John Clay »

Failed DL is a piece of the download that has failed the verification. 4MB is low, and nothing to be worried about.