[SOLVED] Cannot find GTK+ when building Transmission...

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
Howard

[SOLVED] Cannot find GTK+ when building Transmission...

Post by Howard »

Hi all

First post here, so thanks in advance for your time and patience.
I'm still pretty new to the joys of Linux, so if you could put on your "We go slow for Newbies" hat, I'd appreciate it :D

I've just reinstalled Fedora 11 on my server box and got it running again as a NAS and download box. All good. For one reason and another I cannot perform a full system update of Fedora and then just download the latest build of Transmission (issues with the newer versions of Samba) so I am trying (as I did on my last install without any issue at all) to build my own build of Transmission.

Anyway, all the dependencies have been installed, including their -devel counterparts (though, as I say, I'm a Newb: have no fear of checking!) and I downloaded the source, unpacked it and followed the very helpful instructions on the Transmission site. It doesn't work. At first I could not see why but having now examined the config.log I spotted this:

Code: Select all

configure:20127: checking for GTK
configure:20138: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "gtk+-2.0 >= $GTK_MINIMUM
                   glib-2.0 >= $GLIB_MINIMUM
                   gmodule-2.0 >= $GLIB_MINIMUM
                   gthread-2.0 >= $GLIB_MINIMUM"
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
I get what it is saying but GTK+ and GTK+-devel really are installed. I have added and removed them just to make sure. Having Googled about a lot yesterday I am starting to get the feeling that this is a pathing issue? Something to do with, as it says above, the PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but by this point I am out of my depth.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Howard

Re: Cannot find GTK+ when building Transmission...

Post by Howard »

Well I'll be...

You finally give up and post for help then stumble across the answer 10 minutes later. Typical huh?

For reference the issue was that while I have installed GTK+ and GTK+-devel, I did not have GTK2-devel installed. Thilly Therpent.

Anyway, all sorted, the build worked perfectly.

Cheers