Cannot add newly created local torrents to Transmission

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
employeeno5

Cannot add newly created local torrents to Transmission

Post by employeeno5 »

I couldn't find anything helpful about this on Google all last evening or in Transmission's documentation, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help. I'm guessing I'm just missing something simple, but I just haven't been able to work this out.

So, I haven't uploaded a torrent to anything in a while, but traditionally I have enjoyed Transmission for its simplicity and because I can control it from an Android phone either through ssh'ing to use its CLI interface or using Transdroid.

However, I just went to upload a torrent for the first time in many months and discovered that while I could still create torrent files just fine, there was no longer an option anywhere to then start seeding said newly-created torrent.

Traditionally, I recall that on the screen in which you create a new torrent, there is a check-box to "start torrent when done" or "open torrent when finished" or something like that. This option needs to be marked so that your new torrent file shows up in Transmission as available to seed. Google searches I've done for uploading using Transmission have turned up many guides that seem to confirm this.

As it stands though this options has seemingly disappeared since I last used Transmission. I'm using Transmission version 1.75 in 64 bit Ubuntu 9.10.
I'm using KTorrent in the meantime, which has worked fantastically. I would prefer to go back to Transmission if I can though, or at least figure out what's going on or what has changed here.

Can anyone else at least confirm that this a problem, even if they don't have a solution? Am I just missing a setting? I can create torrents all day, but I can't find anyway to have them appear in Transmission to be available to seeding to uploaded locations.

Any help or insight is hugely appreciated. Do forgive me if I'm missing something that should be simple, but many thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Cannot add newly created local torrents to Transmission

Post by Jordan »

employeeno5 wrote:As it stands though this options has seemingly disappeared since I last used Transmission. I'm using Transmission version 1.75 in 64 bit Ubuntu 9.10.
Yes. Based on feedback from users like you, that option returned in Transmission 1.80. :)
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

(Moved thread to GTK+ Support forum)
employeeno5

Post by employeeno5 »

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll see about upgrading things!

Transmission has been my favorite way to use BitTorrent out there. Thank you for the help and thank you to everyone who contributes to the project.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »