How to prevent computer from sleeping with active transfers

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
nicocarbone

How to prevent computer from sleeping with active transfers

Post by nicocarbone »

I have a PC with Ubuntu 9.10 which I use to download and upload stuff using Transmission and I would like it to enter into sleep mode when there is no transfer active. However if I active sleep mode from the Power options in Ubuntu preferences, the PC will enter in sleep mode regardless of the transfer status of Transmission.

Searching in internet I found that there should be an option called "Prevent computer from sleeping with active transfers'" in the Network options in Transmission (at least in the MAC version), but I can't find it. There is a similar option for hibernation, but it does not work with sleep. Is this a missing feature in the GTK+ version? Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks you
nicocarbone

Re: How to prevent computer from sleeping with active transfers

Post by nicocarbone »

Bump!

Well, as I could not found a way to prevent sleeping when a download is active, I changed the power configuration in the PC so it uses hibernation rather than sleep, and used the function to prevent hibernation when active torrents in Transmission. However, it does not work. The computer enters to hibernation mode regardless of the activity of the torrent. Thinks this is a important omission or bug, IMHO, and should be solved.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

In 1.91, it's Edit > Preferences > Desktop > Inhibit hibernation when torrents are active
nicocarbone

Re: How to prevent computer from sleeping with active transf

Post by nicocarbone »

Thanks for your answer. I know were the option is, and I have it enabled. The problem is that it just does not work. The pc keeps hibernating even if there are active torrents.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

What version of Transmission are you using?
nicocarbone

Post by nicocarbone »

Version 1.91, the last one I think.