Unstable Transmission

Ask for help and report issues with the GTK+ version of Transmission
Loetje

Unstable Transmission

Post by Loetje »

Hi,

Transmission is my favourite torrent application (and because I download a lot of torrents probably my favourite app after firefox).
I've been using it to satisfaction for a long time now but recently it has become unstable.

- Downloading and uploading seems to go 'on and off'. Sometimes nothing downloads or uploads for a while and then it switches on for a couple of seconds, only to disapear again after that.
- Deleted torrents appear again when I restart transmission.

It seems to be something in my personal settings beacause I tried updgrading using the upstream repos (I use Mint 6), but the same problems persisted when I upgraded from 1.30something to 1.72.

Another possible problem might be that as of lately i've been keeping a very long torrent list active in transmission, some 500+. Does anybody else have problems with transmission when keeping a large number of torrents?
I tried deleting a lot of torrents but this didn't help (and the next time I started transmission all the torrents i just deleted where back again).

I realise that it seems to be kind of a complicated problem, hope anyone can help...