yellow dot problem

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
gaffield1997

yellow dot problem

Post by gaffield1997 »

I'm a newbie but liking Transmission. However, since going to Leopard I'm getting a yellow dot on my port status that states unable to check. I think it's affecting my download speed but yet I'm still unsure of what speeds to expect with my downloads.

Sorry if this is an obvious question but can't seem to find the answer when I've searched the forum. Any help...
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Make sure that you have set the firewall in system preferences to allow Transmission to access the internet.

I don't have leopard, so I don't know exactly how the new firewall is set out, but I should be upgrading today, so if I think of anything else, I'll post it.
joansalo

Re: yellow dot problem

Post by joansalo »

For checking the firewall in Leopart you just have to go to pref panel. Select "Security" and there chose "firewall". You have 3 main opcions, chose the one that fits better on what you want. I'm using "allow all income connections" and is working well.

pd: (sorry if the translation is not pretty good, I'm using Leopard in spanish, and as you can probably tell there can be a diference betwen what's writen in your system and what I`ve said)