Availability in Inspector Activity Pane

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Version: Transmission 1.01 (4635) OSX 10.4.10

When there are no seeders for a period of time, I notice that although the "availability" shows many additional pieces available, all downloaders (including me) stop at the same percentage. The "available" pieces seem unaccessable.

Am I just misunderstanding what the green color means in the availability window ?

Thanks for the great work!

G
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Even without any seeders, you can still download the torrent from other peers (leechers), provided that they have a complete file between them.
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Not sure I posed my question very well.

The green squares in the Inspector Activity Pane would appear to indicate that (say) although a dozen of us are stuck at 75%, we don't all have the SAME 75% and downloading should (could) continue until all leechers have all available pieces.

However this does not appear to be the case...we seem all to stay stuck at 75% until and unless some seeder or leecher comes onboard with a higher percentage.

Is this a "feature" or a " bug" or am I just clueless as to what the availability graphic is meant to imply ??

Edit: Thought a specific example might help:

I'm downloading a 4.33GB file that is stuck at 2.59GB or 59.93% in the main Transmission window. There are no seeders at present. No Leecher has more than 60%, and there are 22 other leechers stuck at that level.

The Inspector pane is 18 by 18, or 324 blocks, and the Inspector Progress window has 224 blue blocks. 224/324 = 61.7% (pretty close)

The Inpector Availability window shows 30 white blocks and 70 green blocks along with the 224 blue blocks. IF the green blocks are truly available, then I should be able to continue downloading until I get to
(224 + 70) / 324 or about 90%. Download rate, though, is stuck at zero.

Soooo... if "Availability" doesn't represent file pieces that are available, what DOES it intend to show ?

End Edit

G
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Bump

Anyone ???

Thanks,
G
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Bump again

Anyone ???

Thanks,
G
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Does it look anything like this, but with more peers?
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

How did you insert the capture ?

No, not really;
This is the "Peers" pane, I'm asking about the "Availability" pane.

Thanks,
G
ckpolymorph

Post by ckpolymorph »

did you find an answer to your question? I am stuck with the same problem...
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

No, no answer.

I was never sure anyone ever understood my qusetion.

However this issue SEEMS to be better (resolved ?) in the latest version of Transmission.

G
Guilliamo

Re: Availability in Inspector Activity Pane

Post by Guilliamo »

Bump: This remains an issue for me, although it seems to vary a bit with transmission version.

Any help ??

Thanks,
G

by Guilliamo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:11 am

The green squares in the Inspector Activity Pane would appear to indicate that (say) although a dozen of us are stuck at 75%, we don't all have the SAME 75% and downloading should (could) continue until all leechers have all available pieces.

However this does not appear to be the case...we seem all to stay stuck at 75% until and unless some seeder or leecher comes onboard with a higher percentage.

Is this a "feature" or a " bug" or am I just clueless as to what the availability graphic is meant to imply ??

I'm downloading a 4.33GB file that is stuck at 2.59GB or 59.93% in the main Transmission window. There are no seeders at present. No Leecher has more than 60%, and there are 22 other leechers stuck at that level.

The Inspector pane is 18 by 18, or 324 blocks, and the Inspector Progress window has 224 blue blocks. 224/324 = 61.7% (pretty close)

The Inpector Availability window shows 30 white blocks and 70 green blocks along with the 224 blue blocks. IF the green blocks are truly available, then I should be able to continue downloading until I get to

Soooo... if a green block in "Availability" doesn't represent file pieces that are available, what DOES it intend to show ?

End Edit

G
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Another Bump !

Bump: This remains an issue for me, although it seems to vary a bit with transmission version.

Any help ??

Thanks,
G

Soooo... if a green block in "Availability" doesn't represent file pieces that are available, what DOES it intend to show ?

End Edit

G
Guilliamo

Post by Guilliamo »

Another Bump. Any developer willing/able to answer ?

Transmission 1.93 (10621)

Any help ??

Thanks,
G

End Edit

G
Guilliamo