Transmission for Windows

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
spry

Transmission for Windows

Post by spry »

Charles wrote: People are still asking me about the status of this project, and seem confused about it. I posted about this downthread, but since people didn't see it there I'm wedging my post in here at the top.

(1) The Transmission team is coordinating with Spry and happily accepting portability patches from him, but for the time being this is an unsupported third-party project, much like the Web UI was before it was folded into Transmission in 1.30. To avoid confusion, it probably shouldn't bear the name "Transmission" at this point.

(2) So far this is just the daemon + clutch, and not a full-fledged GUI. Spry is working on that though.

(3) Although this sounds like we're trying to distance Spry's work from Transmission, it's more that I don't want people to be confused and start sending Windows bug reports to the Transmission team. ;) Transmission is long overdue for a Windows port, and I hope this project does well.
BETA1 released (1.40-r169-r7132)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wintransmission/
For products:
Transmission original tools
Transmission WinDaemon

Currently there products are ported to or created for Windows platform:
  • Transmission original tools, transmission-daemon, transmission-remote and transmission-cli, version 1.34+ r6950
  • Transmission WinDaemon, an tray icon server with embedded Web interface, just like transmission-daemon, version 1.34+ r6950
Binaries and source code can be obtained at https://sourceforge.net/projects/wintransmission/
These are still an early alpha builds, based on 1.34+ version of Transmission. I'd be very glad to receive your feedbacks and bugreports!

WinDaemon
Currently only en-US and ru-RU interface cultures are supported.
Last edited by spry on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
jah

Re: Transmission for Windows early alpha release

Post by jah »

windows eeew
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

jah wrote:windows eeew
Suck it up, Jah. THEY WILL BURY YOU :wink:
spry

Post by spry »

giuliano79

Post by giuliano79 »

Sorry but I've downloaded a windows version of Transmission....I've installed it..but when I launch "Transmission WinDaemon" it crashes...Windows show me the window that manage the program crash...I can't post here the return error because i don't know.

Why???

Sorry for my bad english....
bye bye
EgoQ

Post by EgoQ »

Hi! Yeah, would be awesome to see transmission on windows. But this dont work at all :( And there
Ps. sorry, i dont understand anything about that error message from windows screen. :%`&``
spry

Post by spry »

Please, if you see crashes or some issues in work, send your bug reports to bug tracker, or post them here. In some days I'll make a release of WinDaemon BETA :twisted:
Morothar

Re: Transmission for Windows

Post by Morothar »

After I tried to build transmission on cygwin (I failed, who would have guessed), I stumbled into this thread. Yeah! YEAH! Downloaded WinDaemon Beta, installed it, loved it! Thank you so much for this!
Morothar

Post by Morothar »

Okay, after using the Daemon for a few days there are a few issues.
-Settings aren't saved. I have to change my settings everytime I start the Daemon
-Seems to lock up after a couple of hours. A lot of services are no longer reachable like my hmailserver and VNC server and I have to kill the Daemon so that those things are reachable again. This happens a lot on my server laptop, running windows 2003 server.

I'm a game developer and currently have a good amount of free time (compensation for a lot of overtime). So, spry, if you could use a helping hand, feel free to ask! :)

Greets,
Morothar
EgoQ

Post by EgoQ »

DAMN. i just dont get it work at all. It gives me this erro message:

Code: Select all

AppName: transmission.windaemon.exe      AppVer: 1.40.169.169     AppStamp:492679a2
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512      ModStamp:4802a12c
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00012aeb
And i dont understand anything of that.

I downloaded that beta and installed both original tools & windaemon, but whit no succeed.
spry

Post by spry »

EgoQ wrote:DAMN. i just dont get it work at all. It gives me this erro message:

Code: Select all

AppName: transmission.windaemon.exe      AppVer: 1.40.169.169     AppStamp:492679a2
ModName: kernel32.dll      ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512      ModStamp:4802a12c
fDebug: 0       Offset: 00012aeb
And i dont understand anything of that.

I downloaded that beta and installed both original tools & windaemon, but whit no succeed.
What OS? Do you have .NET 2.0 installed with latest SPs?
spry

Post by spry »

Morothar wrote:Okay, after using the Daemon for a few days there are a few issues.
-Settings aren't saved. I have to change my settings everytime I start the Daemon
-Seems to lock up after a couple of hours. A lot of services are no longer reachable like my hmailserver and VNC server and I have to kill the Daemon so that those things are reachable again. This happens a lot on my server laptop, running windows 2003 server.

I'm a game developer and currently have a good amount of free time (compensation for a lot of overtime). So, spry, if you could use a helping hand, feel free to ask! :)

Greets,
Morothar
I'm also a game developer :))) Well. Yes, I'd like to have some help :) Due to there is a lot of bugs rising, a lot of portability questions, and also everything needs testing, hard testing.
Regarding bug: so the system almost hangs up? Or daemon eats all the bandwidth? try to limit it and try again
EgoQ

Post by EgoQ »

@Spry, i got Windows XP Professional + downloaded .NET 2.0 and installed SP3

EDIT: And it dont still work
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

EgoQ wrote:@Spry, i got Windows XP Professional + downloaded .NET 2.0 and installed SP3

EDIT: And it dont still work
EgoQ: could you be more specific? by "it dont still work" do you mean that you get the same error message as before?
EgoQ

Post by EgoQ »

Yes it gives exactly same error message. So do i need both Transmission original tools and
Transmission WinDaemon to run this up? Or just that Windaemon?