Transmission stopped working all of the sudden...

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
ConfusedAway

Transmission stopped working all of the sudden...

Post by ConfusedAway »

I'd been using Transmission on 10.5.5 and 10.5.6 since Transmission 1.4.0. Always worked fabulously with any torrent I tried. Upgraded through to 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, kept working great.

I last used it a week ago, successfully. Flash forward to last night, I fired it up with a new torrent, and it... doesn't want to work at all.

"Downloading from 0 of 0 peers", Torrent Inspector "Peers" tab says 2 leechers, 0 seeders, and no matter how long I leave it it will never get going.

The port is open both in transmission and with canyouseeme.org.

I tried 1.5.0 Beta 2, and still not working. Tried backing out to 1.4.1, 1.4.0, back to 1.3.4... not working.
Tried nuking ~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmisison.plist and ~/Library/Application Support/Transmission, and still doesn't work!'

Tried going through dozens of old torrents I successfully downloaded using Transmission and none of them worked.

So I downloaded the hot new uTorrent for OSX and fired it up with the exact same torrent, and it was done in under a minute.

I want to stick with Transmission since it places Mac ahead of Windows and is actually Open Source. Sadly as long as uTorrent works and Transmission doesn't, I gotta stick with what works. :(

Any ideas? I'm a very technically saavy user and would love to explore in any way suggested. I even built from source for kicks but don't have the time to dive in to Yet Another Code Base right now to learn it...
ian.jpg

Re: Transmission stopped working all of the sudden...

Post by ian.jpg »

I am getting the same thing. Transmission is a no go anymore on most torrents, exactly like you said, but uTorrent has no problem with the same torrent files. Nothing was changed my end that I know of to cause this.

I am running Transmission 1.42 with OS X 10.5.5
ian.jpg

Re: Transmission stopped working all of the sudden...

Post by ian.jpg »

Well, I might have spoke too soon. I grabbed the 1.50b3 and things seem to be working ok. A file that wasn't working now is. I am keeping my fingers crossed though, and a copy of uTorrent handy...