1.50b4 (7815) crashing constantly in event_queue_insert

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
lizardflix

1.50b4 (7815) crashing constantly in event_queue_insert

Post by lizardflix »

I posted something about this before but my crash logs weren't reflecting it. Today I finally got another crash that is on Console and I'm posting it under a different topic to make sure it is seen.

I have run transmission for months without any real problems until a few weeks ago when this began and it seems to only get worse. Sometimes I will start the program and it crashes immediately, sometimes it will stay on but not download. Often if I go into preferences, to check the port for instance because it isn't download, it will crash when I click out of preferences.

I thought that this was related to a particular torrent but I've eliminated the ones I suspected. But I could be wrong about that. After this latest crash, I restarted and it is running ok, it seems, but that is for now. Often it will be running fine and then crash while I leave it running.

Here is the crash log: http://transmission.pastebin.com/m60dbf8d8

Thanks!
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: 1.50b4 (7815) crashing constantly

Post by Jordan »

Please attach a crashlog from 1.50b5. It has extra debugging info that could make the crash reports more useful.
lizardflix

Re: 1.50b4 (7815) crashing constantly

Post by lizardflix »

Thanks, I downloaded this newest one and it ran about 30 minutes with no problem (I thought the problem was solved) and then when I added a couple of torrents...crash.

Here is the report http://transmission.pastebin.com/m56c77246

Thanks
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: 1.50b4 (7815) crashing constantly in event_queue_insert

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the new crashlog. This appears to be the same crash that KingJulian keeps posting about, and is discussed in ticket #1748.

Could you please try a nightly build of r7828 or higher and report back if that makes things better, worse, or no change?