Can't connect to seeders

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
drhdylan88

Can't connect to seeders

Post by drhdylan88 »

This might end up being something ridiculous but here goes. No matter what I do, I can't connect to any peers. My port is the default (51413) and open. I have the settings to ignore unencrypted peer and anyone on the blocklist. I'm well aware that this would cut down traffic, but I have not connected to any seeders in about 3 weeks, across 3 different torrents with a fair amount of people according to the tracker. The inspector can find leechers in the bottom info, but never lists any number of seeders.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks.
essiw

Re: Can't connect to seeders

Post by essiw »

read the build-in help, port forwarding is explained there
drhdylan88

Post by drhdylan88 »

hmmm...still doesn't work. thanks for the help anyway, though. this one's stumping me.
Debu

Post by Debu »

Have you tried disabling the encryption options in the Preferences pane?

Given the way you currently have the encryption preferences set, Transmission can only connect to encrypted seeders; you cannot connect to most seeders, as most are not encrypted. (Based on my observations, anyway.) Here's what the Transmission Help file says about encryption:
What is encryption?

Transmission encrypts the connections it makes with other peers when necessary, using the RC4 cipher. The implementation is compatible with other clients such as Azureus and µTorrent. It is always enabled, however you can set Transmission (Preferences >> Peers) to prefer encrypted peers or to ignore unencrypted peers completely.

Note that the latter option may make Transmission unconnectable in some swarms. The encryption feature does not mean your session is secure or anonymous, it is merely a way to avoid the traffic shaping measures some ISPs have implemented.
JakLight

Re: Can't connect to seeders - Me either - Amended!

Post by JakLight »

This is an amended post!
I backed off to Transmission version 1.50b4, and I am downloading again.
Jack

My Original post. ..

I am running the current version 1.50b5 on Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Recently, the last couple weeks, I noticed that there were only two concurrent downloads possible at any time.

Then yesterday, there were none allowed. I have re-installed the software. Still no connections.

I followed the suggestions about help, and checking unencrypted peers, all of it. ... Nothing helps.

For me, there are no connections.

Jack