update in middle of downloading

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
dlee43

update in middle of downloading

Post by dlee43 »

So I've been using version 1.34 and the download speeds have been great. I decided to update to the latest version 1.42 while in the middle of downloading some large files. Will this effect those downloads at all? It seems that after I downloaded the new version, my previous torrent files are going slow or not going at all. I tried to update to the beta 1.5 version as well and this didn't fix it. All the settings are the same and so I don't know why my downloads are going so slow or have stopped.
essiw

Re: update in middle of downloading

Post by essiw »

as far as I know the speed didn't change, maybe the new versions are more acurate?
louisel

Post by louisel »

Hi - I've encoutered a similar problem. I have been downloading a file for over 2 weeks now (at VERY slow speeds) and I am at 85%. In the middle of downloading this file, I decided to upgrade to version 1.5 and now it's not finding any seeds at all! I will be very frustrated if I have to start over with this download just because I chose to upgrade now, instead of waiting a day! Any ideas anyone? Thanks!
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

louisel: give http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/SlowSpeeds a look; it may help you to figure out where the problem is