Make transmission autostart

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
aleph

Re: Make transmission autostart

Post by aleph »

rb07 wrote:
Wolf wrote: First thing is you shouldn't be downloading to the root file system, on a NAS the root file system is in flash memory and it can't hold much [...] both /opt and /share[s] should be on the same file system (which is the RAID partition), rootfs and / (root) are somewhere else (notice the size difference -- the first have Gigas the last Megas).
Just to clarify, this is not the case (exactly) with the Mybook World edition. The root file system is stored on the HDD in a separate partition, not in flash. /opt and /shares/internal are on separate file systems, /dev/root and /dev/md4 respectively. The point is that you can usually download a few gig before you hit the upper limit of the rootfs and then things just stop working

I don't think you mention what directory you ended up downloading to, but I suggest you use /shares/internal/PUBLIC/Downloads or something similar.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

aleph wrote:
rb07 wrote:
Wolf wrote: First thing is you shouldn't be downloading to the root file system, on a NAS the root file system is in flash memory and it can't hold much [...] both /opt and /share[s] should be on the same file system (which is the RAID partition), rootfs and / (root) are somewhere else (notice the size difference -- the first have Gigas the last Megas).
Just to clarify, this is not the case (exactly) with the Mybook World edition. The root file system is stored on the HDD in a separate partition, not in flash. /opt and /shares/internal are on separate file systems, /dev/root and /dev/md4 respectively. The point is that you can usually download a few gig before you hit the upper limit of the rootfs and then things just stop working

I don't think you mention what directory you ended up downloading to, but I suggest you use /shares/internal/PUBLIC/Downloads or something similar.
I am downloading to /shares/internal/Downloads... its in the same 900gig folder so its ok... but as soon as i download my network goes down :/ it keeps downloading, but when i type in like www.google.com it doesnt load, and msn stops working, everything internet realted stops :/ exept for the torrent downloading :/
essiw

Post by essiw »

make sure your upload speed is capped, that may cause those problems you say