A strange problem

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
orgazmatron

A strange problem

Post by orgazmatron »

Whenever i start up T a number of weird things happens. I'm using a macbookpro with 10.5.6 leopard.
1)My whole connection goes down. My whole bandwidth gets eaten and i cannot surf even though T isn't doing anything. This never happened before, it started a month ago. Whenever i was to start up a torrent client on my old PC the same problem would happen but i tolerated it since the client dled something. This leads to my 2nd problem.
2)Whenever i lunch T, the whole connection crashes on my network. None of the computers connected to my personal network have connection.
3) i would tolerate all of this if T was to dl, but it doesn't. it just makes everything crash and stand still.

when i turn T on it says that the port that i'm using is green and it starts uploading seeds. after a minute everything freezes and my whole conn. breaks. T also reports that the port is yelow.
after i turn off T, my connection needs a minut or so to recover and start working again. my dad has T on his mac and it works normally, it doesn't eat up the whole connection and he can surf. he used the same port that i do for T. i'm having doubts about that this usage of multiple Ts through same ports at the same time messed up T on my computer. any suggestions? the only thing that is left for me to do is to downgrade T and see if that helps.

plz help me out fast! i can't dl the new lost and i'm starting to get really pissed!!!
orgazmatron

Re: A strange problem

Post by orgazmatron »

ok i downgraded it, and everything works normally.
T is dling as i'm writting.
from now on i won't be updatein my T. :D
essiw

Post by essiw »

What I think is the problem is that your upload speed is to high, if that happens all the errors you say could happen so cap your upload speed to 70-80% of your bandwidth
durin42

Post by durin42 »

I'm seeing a similar problem. Any app that relies on network activity to work (Adium, Mail, NetNewsWire, Safari, etc) will all reliably hang while Transmission 1.5 is running, and will have to be relaunched after T exits.

I can dtrace things if that'd help. Transmission itself seems to work fine, it's only other apps that have problems. ssh(1) also seems to be affected.
Katsudon

Post by Katsudon »

Same problem for me, I would like to downgrade, where can i find an older version?
guilherme

Post by guilherme »

Or you can get it from Transmission's host =)

http://mirrors.m0k.org/transmission/files/