Auto-resume of torrents paused by tracker errors

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Jethryn Freyman

Auto-resume of torrents paused by tracker errors

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

I've noticed over the last few days that the nightlies have changed in the way that they handle tracker errors.

Transmission used to display the error, but the torrent would remain active, and would eventually resume downloading/uploading a few minutes later when the tracker error was resolved.

The latest nightlies don't do this, instead, they seem to pause the torrent when they encounter a tracker error, and don't resume it, even if the tracker error had been resolved many hours ago.

This ends up quite inconvenient when I leave torrents downloading unattended for long periods of time, just to come back and find that my torrents have been stopped.

Any input guys?
gcamp

Post by gcamp »

I second this request :D
MrCrowbar

Post by MrCrowbar »

Agreed. It's a little annoying to have torrents paused automatically. Maybe automatically resume after 5 minutes or so.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Torrents are no longer auto-paused.
bmn

Post by bmn »

livings124 wrote:Torrents are no longer auto-paused.
But that problem still happens to me...
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

bmn wrote:
Torrents are randomly paused on the 1.0 release after being active?
Davidr

Still a problem

Post by Davidr »

I don't know if this exactly the same problem but my router periodically restarts itself and Transmission pauses the downloads saying tracker error but does not resume them even though the connection is only down for at most a minute. It would be cool if it kept reattempting connection.
Davidr

*correction

Post by Davidr »

It doesn't pause them they just don't carry on downloading and need to be manually paused and resumed
bmn

Re: Still a problem

Post by bmn »

Davidr wrote:I don't know if this exactly the same problem but my router periodically restarts itself and Transmission pauses the downloads saying tracker error but does not resume them even though the connection is only down for at most a minute. It would be cool if it kept reattempting connection.
I have exactly the same problem. I think that incorporate an auto-pause/auto-resume in a certain hour defined by user would result. My router restarts twice a day...
bmn

Post by bmn »

livings124 wrote:
bmn wrote:
Torrents are randomly paused on the 1.0 release after being active?
I was wrong! Torrents don't pause, some of them just don't carry on after router restarts
ChrisCairns

Re: Auto-resume of torrents paused by tracker errors

Post by ChrisCairns »

I have the exact same problem as DavidR. Please fix it at the earliest. Its unfortunate that such a problem exists.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

ChrisCairns wrote:I have the exact same problem as DavidR. Please fix it at the earliest. Its unfortunate that such a problem exists.
This thread is over a year old. If you want this so badly please submit a patch, the earlier the better. Thanks!
ChrisCairns

Post by ChrisCairns »

if they have not done it in a year, what will they do now?
essiw

Post by essiw »

ChrisCairns wrote:if they have not done it in a year, what will they do now?
the person you are talking to is one of the "they" you are talking about ; )
If this thread is one year old means that not much people want it, or it is mostly already fixed
Also the respone of livings124 (please send a patch) is because they don't like it when people think they can demand them to quickly do something because they want it quick. So it is logic to say if you want it that quick make a patch yourself [it is open source so you can make something yourself that helps it]. They do it for free and for helping other people, they don't like people demanding things ; )
ChrisCairns

Post by ChrisCairns »

the person you are talking to is one of the "they" you are talking about ; )
please accept my apologies.
Also the respone of livings124 (please send a patch) is because they don't like it when people think they can demand them to quickly do something because they want it quick. So it is logic to say if you want it that quick make a patch yourself [it is open source so you can make something yourself that helps it]. They do it for free and for helping other people, they don't like people demanding things ;
i understand but i cant make the patch myself.