Transmission doesn't download

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Peoke

Transmission doesn't download

Post by Peoke »

I can't download with transmission anymore. In the past I didn't have any problems at all, but now my downloads wont start at all. I have installed uTorrent to see if it had the same porblem, but with uTorrent all the the same downloads start as they should.

I am running 1.51 (7958) on a Macbook Pro and a Mac mini - Same problem on both machines. I have also tried other versions of transmission.

I can see on the forum that other users are experiencing the same problem, but haven't been able to find a solution?
Peoke

Re: Transmission doesn't download

Post by Peoke »

Isn't there somebody who has an idea what the problem could be?
essiw

Post by essiw »

maybe some more info? are you connected with peers, are you connected with the tracker are you uploading/seeding? are there any bugs in the log?
Peoke

Post by Peoke »

It says: "Downloading from 0 of 0 peers". If I click info it seems like its connected to a tracker. I don't have anything to seed as I cannot download anything :)

As I said in my first post, there are no problem at all, if I try to download the exact same file with uTorrent.
steeef

Post by steeef »

I'm running 1.51 on FreeNAS (FreeBSD-based), and I'm seeing the same thing. The inspector says downloading from 0 of 0 peers, and there are 0 seeders and 0 leechers listed. No amount of pausing/resuming would start the torrent. I tried restarting FreeNAS and the torrent started. I'm guessing restarting Transmission itself would probably work as well.
steeef

Post by steeef »

I found this thread on the Mac forum which seems related:
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=7007

Restarting Transmission does help, btw.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

steeef

Post by steeef »

Ubuntu downloads fine, and the torrents I'm having trouble with download fine after Transmission is restarted (bandwidth limits are fine, there are enough seeders, etc.). Port forwarding is working.

So far it seems like the torrents that require restarting all come from one tracker. Others (like the ubuntu torrent) start fine.
donza

Post by donza »

I'm using headless Transmission on a Debian NAS via WebUI and exactly same problem. Few days ago torrents just would not download anymore. I can add torrents but I cannot connect to any peers. Restarting transmission helps.
jneusteter

Post by jneusteter »

I had somewhat the same problem:

My fix:
My router assigns port forwarding to a per physical ethernet plug basis. If you change the cables around after setting up all the port forwarding and other firewall settings, you have to reset all the settings to the new way you plugged in all your ethernet cables. I went into my router and deleted all settings and totally reconfigured it to my new set up.

Hope it helps.