Transmission is killing my IPTV

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
drpiety

Transmission is killing my IPTV

Post by drpiety »

Hi,

No matter what settings i set in connections, max peers, bandwidth up/down, number of up and downloads, my IPTV on my T-Home25000mbit connection starts stuttering until I close Tranmission. I really tried evreything. What could be the cause? This does not happen with utorrent for example.

Transmission version is 1.51+ nightly, Mac Leopard

Thanks
drpiety

Re: Transmission is killing my IPTV

Post by drpiety »

Do I have to restart transmission to make the changes happen?
drpiety

Post by drpiety »

deleted as wrong
timta2

Post by timta2 »

What IPTV are you using? What is a T-Home2500mbit connection? What are your bandwidth limits and what limits are you setting in Transmission?
You do not have to restart Transmission in order for changes to take effect as they take effect on the fly.
drpiety

Post by drpiety »

I can download with 2,2MB/Sec and upload with 400k. No matter what bandwidth I set, no Matter how Many Connections (100-400)and Connections/Torrent (50-90) I set the IPTV gets out of Sync every 5-10 Seconds. I could limit the number of uploads and downloads but if I understand right the pror settings shouls limit the activity to the router. Utorrent btw does not cause any problems. What settings would you give Transmission would set with my Line?
drpiety

Post by drpiety »

I found out that Transission only leaves my IPTV alone if I upload with 70kb out of 400kb possibe. This does not happen with Utorrent mac beta and Vuze formerly known as Azureus. Can you look into this issue as uloading so slowly is really an Issue. To explain IPTV is a television receiver settop that connects to the same router and has priority. It does not take up much bandwidth. Transmission is disturbing the IPTV and makes the Picture blocky every 5-10 secs.
jerryawallace

Post by jerryawallace »

Transmission seems to be a bit heavy on the hardware (router and pc) in terms of connections/sec or something. I switched from Vuze/Azureus and the %CPU is far less compared to Vuze/Azures but the load on the network seems to be higher. I can't even connect to the transmission-daemon on my OS X, when Transmission is downloading with full speed. The cpu load is maybe 50% when downloading but the daemon won't answer to requests. Maybe because of the crappy old ppc mini ;)

BTT:

My setup:
T-Home 50 MBit/s / 10 MBit/s
Router Speedport W920V
MR300 at the TV for IPTV

Transmission is permanently uploading with full speed (around 1.0-1.1 MByte/s) and sometimes downloading with Speed in the 3-4 MByte/s range and IPTV is flawless. Used a cheaper Router Speedport W721V before, but if i recall correctly there were also no problems with IPTV. So its not entirely the fault of transmission...
drpiety

Post by drpiety »

well this happens only with transmission and it seems to hammer the router with udp requests. That’s what I read elsewhere. Maybe your double speed than what I have changes something. Your upload i way higher than mine. What router are you using now?
metaclam

Post by metaclam »

I'm having problems when QUITTING transmission. It seems to knock the router off line entirely. Sometimes it has even nuked the router settings. In all cases I have to completely shut down all computers on the network, and power cycle the cable & the router, to get back on the internet. I have 376 torrents right now and I'm pretty sure this started happening when I first exceeded a certain amount.

Please look into this.