Moving of files to a folder after the torrent has finished

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
AcynoniX

Moving of files to a folder after the torrent has finished

Post by AcynoniX »

I Love Transmission.
I use the OSX interface.

Would it be simple to add an option to move the files to another folder
when the download or the seed is completed, for example right after we get the complete sound ?

I would love that because I could then take the files from that folder and automate transcoding to apple TV.

Thank you in advance.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

In preferences under Transfers, you can set the incomplete folder to where files will be downloaded to, and when they finish downloading they'll be moved to the download folder.
John Clay
Transmission Project

Post by John Clay »

Transmission currently offers you the ability to have uncompleted torrents in a separate folder. This is essentially what you want it to do.
avioli

Post by avioli »

I really like the idea of moving files after they are finished, but a checkbox with the availability to move the torrent content AFTER the RATIO is reached will be actually better.

This way, when something is ready and seeded for enough time, the torrent content will be moved where I will burn it on a CD or something...
I won't go trough 30-50 torrents and manage to move-out-of-way the "done" torrents.

Thanks if you decide to include such a option in future version.
robotronic

Re: Moving of files to a folder after the torrent has finished

Post by robotronic »

It would be an awesome feature to specify a folder to move the data to after seeding completes. This way you have the ability to have 3 unique folders of different states: downloading, seeding, and done.

This would be especially helpful for those of us that archive onto a different machine than we download from. I have a NAS that I like to archive my downloads on. Problem is, I don't want to seed off the NAS.

This would allow the user to then monitor the "done" folder and write some script to process/file the files. This is the only part holding me back from complete automation of RSS > Torrent > Filed

Anyone else interested in such a feature?
RogerWilco

Post by RogerWilco »

I agree that moving to a "third" folder after completing seeding (reaching the specified ratio) would be very useful. I'd also like some sort of alert that seeding was complete, an audible alarm is not always appropriate for something that can take days!
simonbcn

Post by simonbcn »

AcynoniX wrote:Would it be simple to add an option to move the files to another folder when the download ... is completed...?
+1
Matzky

Post by Matzky »

+1

Would love to see the completed/seeding/leeching folders implemented. In my opinion a torrent is only completed when it has finished seeding.
bonym

Post by bonym »

completed/seeding/leeching folders
+1
bonym
Gruelius

Post by Gruelius »

I cant find the options, i dont even have a transfers tab in the options menu (linux)
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

This is currently only available on Mac.
finesse

Post by finesse »

I know you just released a new version, but is it planned for the near future for other platforms to get this? It's making the transition from uTorrent (wine) much harder without this as it becomes quite essential to seperate completed from incompleted torrents in a home/multi user environment.

Thanks for the great work.
darude

Post by darude »

Hi Guys,

I really miss that feature too in the linux version of the daemon.
I came from deluge, where performance and many lock ups really drove me crazy, but it has the above features and I liked them.

Your work is really appreciated and imo transmission is much more polished than deluge ever will!

Thank you guys!

PS: some did with their own scripts, but an option to move torrent files added to watch-dir should be moved to an archive after been added to the download or seed list. (deluge did that too :) )
RaisonDeCalcul

Post by RaisonDeCalcul »

Yes, it would be great to have a new folder for files that are done downloading, but still seeding.
vinnycoyne

Post by vinnycoyne »

I would also love to see this feature added to Transmission for Mac!