Sorting Files in Torrent Inspector

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
Harmz

Sorting Files in Torrent Inspector

Post by Harmz »

In the torrent inspector, under the files tab, downloads are ordered by file name alphabetically and that is it. I like to sort by % complete, file type, in order to easily highlight a group from a long list, that I wish to mark as high or low priority.

The sortable columns could at least include:
Name (of file)
Path (download path)
Status
Tracker
% complete
Size downloaded
Size Full download
Kind (file type)
Priority
Share Ratio
Upspeed
Downspeed
Share Ratio
# set by when added but user switchable
actually many options customizable with a View to Customize Columns
and other variables

If this option notably slows Transmissions load time or use, on computers with maybe only 700 mb RAM or 1.5 Ghz processor speeds on a G4 than I would have no interest yet.
essiw

Re: Sorting Files in Torrent Inspector

Post by essiw »

I don't think there will be any new features for PowerPC computers (since 1.6 is for Intel only)
jh

Post by jh »

essiw wrote:I don't think there will be any new features for PowerPC computers (since 1.6 is for Intel only)
I can't find any information about that anywhere. Why do you say that PPC support is dropped in 1.6?

Also the feature he's requesting seems to be general and have nothing to do the the architecture.
essiw

Post by essiw »

jh wrote:
essiw wrote:I don't think there will be any new features for PowerPC computers (since 1.6 is for Intel only)
I can't find any information about that anywhere. Why do you say that PPC support is dropped in 1.6?

Also the feature he's requesting seems to be general and have nothing to do the the architecture.
May have confused it for Tiger support (not knowing which one it is, but Tiger or PowerPC isn't supported in 1.6)

Also about your also this:
If this option notably slows Transmissions load time or use, on computers with maybe only 700 mb RAM or 1.5 Ghz processor speeds on a G4 than I would have no interest yet.
jh

Post by jh »

There is no support for Tiger (OS X 10.4) in the current transmission.

The fact that he request that this new feature shouldn't be very expencive when it comes to CPU cycles, has nothing to do with the CPU architecture.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Current Transmission, 1.52, is a Universal (PPC + Intel) app and requires Mac OS X 10.4.11.

Transmission 1.60, when released, will still be a Universal (PPC + Intel) app but will require Mac OS X 10.5.
essiw

Post by essiw »

ah sorry :D
jh

Post by jh »

Thanks for the clarification, I've missed the fact that 1.52 still is working on Tiger.