input/output error

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
wonosre

input/output error

Post by wonosre »

it happens again and again after 99%
i have downloaded the latest nightly build,but unfortunately it is not supported by the tracker
i am using transmission 1.40, mac OSX 10.5.5
this is the first time i get this problem
Last edited by wonosre on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: input/output error

Post by Jordan »

Hi wonosre, thanks for posting the screenshot.

Please take a moment to see items 2 and 3 in this list. Thanks!
wonosre

Post by wonosre »

sorry..
i've updated my post
wonosre

Post by wonosre »

OK, i have solved it.

i just move the files to another folder

then, download it again

then exit transmission

then,replace the new files with the old files

then,the transmission check the files...

then ,everything goes well..
blounp

Post by blounp »

That reply is unintelligible - I have downloaded 6.88 GB of a 6.92 GB file and am crawling. How do I fix that?

Mac OS 10.5.6, Transmission 1.51
temp123

Post by temp123 »

Same Happened with me. i tried to do the method of copying eventually got the solution import the download file folder from Ktorrent every thing will work fine...
cka23

Post by cka23 »

I'm using Transmission 1.61 on a Mac: OS X 10.5.7
I'm having the same problems, the input/output error is stopping the download more and more frequently the closer it gets to the end. I'm not super computer savvy, so I don't really understand what the other posts say on how to fix it... Lay person terms please?!
giobemo

Post by giobemo »

Let me simplify it for everybody:
Go to "Transfers" on the drop down menu, and click on "Verify Local Data".
If it's not clickable, pause the download first and then do it. Wait for it to check all the data and then continue the download.
That's it!
This will make Transmission re-check the data it's downloaded. The reason for the error is that Transmission thinks (for whatever reason) that it's downloaded data that it hasn't yet. Every time it tries to upload that missing data for sharing it errors.
Last edited by giobemo on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giobemo

Post by giobemo »

Ah, one more scenario: If you've gotten to the point where you can't pause & restart the download without the error message (and so can't do the Verify Local Data) then pause the download, shut down and restart transmission, select the paused download in question and Verify.
giobemo

Post by giobemo »

Argh!! Yea, looks like sometimes once you're at around or over 99.00% the only thing to do is keep resuming manually every time it errors out. Bummer!
zman

Post by zman »

Transmission ver. 2.51(13280)
Ubuntu ver. 12.04 LTS
i get this randomly on torrents i verify data, it does nothing. I move it to a diff hdd if it works moving it I still have error . if I delete all data and re d/l i usually get the same error....... So im not sure what the problem is . :x pause and start over and over it starts fine gets up to my max bandwith then goes to error. Pause so its only one d/l or seeding same scenario. turned off speed limit, same scenario. started one other torrent with it , same scen. thanks for any help. :D also I do not know how to d/l -install night version, do i find it in the software center on ubuntu? :shock: :? :lol: