Can't open torrent file

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
glennpow

Re: Can't open torrent file

Post by glennpow »

Hi all,
I current have the 1.62 transmission, but I'm still seeing problems with Opening a URL from the web UI. If my memory serves me, this was actually working for me the very first day I got this up and running (about a week ago). Since then I have been modifying the settings.js slightly (to test out the watch-dir features and to change the up/download rates), but now when I try to Open a URL from the web UI, nothing happens. The watch dir does work, but I would much rather prefer the web UI method.
Also if I try: transmission-remote -a <URL>
Then I get this error:
localhost:9091 responded: "http error 0: No Response"
Any idea why?
Thanks, and power to the OSI!
rb07

Post by rb07 »

You answered your own question: if there is an error (as you see with transmission-remote) the Web client shows nothing. In other words, if you can't add the torrent using an URL with transmission-remote, the same goes for the Web client.

And you made a mistake, you're not using version 1.62 you are using 1.72 (otherwise there was no watch-dir). If you were using 1.62 there were bugs that made the URL method not work at all, if I remember correctly... not sure actually and don't care since you showed that the real problem is that the tracker is not responding (or your URL is wrong).
glennpow

Post by glennpow »

rb07 wrote:You answered your own question: if there is an error (as you see with transmission-remote) the Web client shows nothing. In other words, if you can't add the torrent using an URL with transmission-remote, the same goes for the Web client.

And you made a mistake, you're not using version 1.62 you are using 1.72 (otherwise there was no watch-dir). If you were using 1.62 there were bugs that made the URL method not work at all, if I remember correctly... not sure actually and don't care since you showed that the real problem is that the tracker is not responding (or your URL is wrong).
You're right about the version number. Sorry about that. I'd been looking at all the previous posts with version 1.61, and my mind made the incorrect leap.
As for my error, you were also on the right track about the URL being the issue, but the actual path wasn't the problem. I simply had my DNS server incorrectly setup for my machine. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. cheers