Make iPhone version launch as SSB

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
aleph

Make iPhone version launch as SSB

Post by aleph »

I've added the following code to to my clutch index.html to make the iPhone version launch as a site specific browser:

Code: Select all

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
I wonder if this might be added to the official distribution, I find it quite handy, hopefully other do as well.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: Make iPhone version launch as SSB

Post by livings124 »

Thanks, this is in as of r6852
aleph

Post by aleph »

Oh great news!

One thing though, when stopping a torrent in the iPhone SSB, it launches Mobile Safari. I am not sure how the SSB determines when a link points to an external site, but presumably it thinks that the 'stop' page is an external link.
jah

Post by jah »

I can confirm this too. I made transmission web an 'app' on my homescreen, however sometimes changing the filter, or other buttons causes T to 'quit' and mobile safari to open.
aleph

Post by aleph »

Just thought I would inform people of changes resulting from new iPhone OS:
  • The problem of launching Mobile Safari when touching certain links seems to be fixed in iPhone 2.2.
  • Dynamic default.png does not seem to work anymore. The screenshot is taken from when your first created the home screen shortcut.
  • I had to recreate my shortcut for it to work correctly, not sure if this is a general issues.
Overall the webinterface seems to be snappier, but this could just be a placebo effect.
rb338

Post by rb338 »

Now the only thing remaining is the status bar in the bottom of the screen. It's not entirely at the bottom when you load the web interface as SSB (ie. through a springboard shortcut)

It does indeed feel snappier, probably because Safari has improved in firmware 2.2 :)
doleriya

Post by doleriya »

What is the current status of the iphone 3g unlock? Hey people, i might be getting a locked iphone from my friend soon, and i was wondering what the current status of the unlock is. Some websites i read that there are programs and other methods that are already out that will unlock the iphone. Other places, i hear that there is no current method of unlocking the iphone 3g. Can you please clarify this for me(directed more towards the people who have an iphone)