Feature request: Choose download location

Discussion of the Web Interface for Transmission, formerly known as Clutch. This applies to all version of Transmission
blubbstar

Feature request: Choose download location

Post by blubbstar »

Hello,

i'd love to choose the donwload location for a new torrent :)
choosing the file location is already implementet in preferences so it shouldn't be that much work :-?

greetz
blubbstar
kjg
Web Interface Developer

Re: Feature request: Choose download location

Post by kjg »

Just so you know, there is a ticket in trac for this feature request. It is probably more work than you think. :) The web ui is being pretty actively developed right now so there is a chance that this will be added in the upcoming months.
kramed

Post by kramed »

+1

I cant believe this still isnt implemented in such a mature and popular project.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

kramed wrote:I cant believe this still isnt implemented in such a mature and popular project.
Our web developer disappeared just around the time that clutch was merged into transmission. so web client had really stalled until kjg jumped onboard about a month ago. (And wow is the web client faster in 1.70.)

So cut him some slack. He's inherited a pile of code and is fixing it up for free. You don't need to pile on him.
mojotaker

Post by mojotaker »

Just wanted to say thank you to the developers. I so wish i knew how to code myself, I would help and contribute too.

Yes this feature wont be bad at all.

Anyone have a good tip, to be able to quickly move the downloaded data, to another location, and still have it linked up to the .torrent file so as one can continue seeding ?

Thank you.
Aleksandr

Post by Aleksandr »

Great job on the Web UI so far. As soon as this feature is implemented I'm switching from Torrentflux-b4rt to the Transmission Web UI.

From taking a look at the notes in the trac; if opening a (restricted) directory browser isn't possible, allowing users to set predefined directories that you can select from a drop-down list would be almost as good. Being able to tag or flag a torrent and having these tags associated with specific directories would be even better, but likely way too much work if the infrastructure isn't in place. However, obviously a directory browser would be the best and cleanest solution. Just a few thoughts.

Alek