Speen Limits (pause all)

Feature requests for the Mac OS X version of Transmission
AGSystem

Speen Limits (pause all)

Post by AGSystem »

I like the fact that we can speed limit our torrents in Transmission its one of the main reasons that i use this over a lot of other torrent clients.

One feature i would love to see is the ability to pause all torrents automatically when speed limit restrictions apply.

Being that some of us have on and off peak download times it would be nice to instead of restrict the torrents to say 1kbps on onpeak times. Actually be able to check a box on the limiting page that would mean that when these limits apply all torrents are paused or stopped until the off peak times start up again.

This way we wouldn't have to worry about blowing our caps and getting speed limited by our ISPs.

If it could be implemented into 1.80 it would be awesome.

Keep up the great work devs and heres hoping that in the future we can see such user friendliness added to a great application.

Thanks

Steve
AGSystem

Re: Speen Limits (pause all)

Post by AGSystem »

Not really.

Similar idea but the difference being that i cant have any outgoing connections (on particular ports) when at some public wifi during the day and so pausing the torrents does this. whereas just limiting the bandwidth sometimes still pings. Resulting on us getting banned for the rest of the day.

Basically not fun.

But yes the idea is similar