New user to transmissoin

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
tider

New user to transmissoin

Post by tider »

I am a new user to transmission and bittorents. I am currently trying to download a 4.6Gb file. I have a fairly slow dsl connection, but that's ok , I'm not in any real hurry to download the file as long as it downloads.

My question is for the past 16 hours or so the file is not downloading. It's stuck at 981 mb. I am seeding or uploading to other users, but nothing is downloading on my end.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Tider
tider

Re: New user to transmissoin

Post by tider »

Thanks for the link, I actually had found this link shortly after I had posted. Sorry.

I looked at the file that I was downloading last night and it turns out the whole file had downloaded, but I"m a little confused.
It is downloaded into 3 parts: one part is like a 32MB file, one is a 900 MB file and the last file is 980 MB file. I'm not totaly sure on the sizes of the file, but it's in that ballpark. (I'm not at home right now)

The first two files don't appear to have anything in them, but the last 980 MB file actually has the whole file that I was downloading. I'm confused though, it said the file that I was downloading was a 4.6 Gb file, ( when I originally started the download) but it seems to be only 980 MB. On my progress bar it shows 981 mb of 4.6 Gb completed. I'll go through the checklist when I get home from the link on the slow downloads, but is maybe the reason why I'm not downloading anymore is that I have the complete file downloaded already? I'm confused as to why the progress bar still shows that my file download is incomplete though.

Thanks
Tider