Pausing one torrent Pauses all torrents

Ask for help and report issues with the Mac OS X version of Transmission
mattburn

Pausing one torrent Pauses all torrents

Post by mattburn »

I'm having a problem, when I pause one torrent, it causes all my torrents (downloading/uploading) to pause automatically. I am not hitting the pause all button at the top of Transmission, i'm using the pause button at the end of the torrent I'd like to pause. In order to start the torrents I'd like to be downloading/uploading I have to quit and reopen Transmission. In doing so, it takes Transmission 3-5min to close and gives me an error message saying "transmission quit unexpectadly" even though I'm the one that quit the app. I'm using Leopard and I've updated transmission to 1.7 (newest version). One more detail, i'm downloading to an external hard drive (WD passport). Any insight would be appreciated.
mattburn

Re: Pausing one torrent Pauses all torrents

Post by mattburn »

I bought a new macbook since last post and reinstalled transmission but i'm still having the same problem. Is no one else experiencing this? Again, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
cheule

Post by cheule »

That behavior is very strange, never seen that personally. When I see goofball bugs like that in *any* software, one of the first things I do is remove the program's preference files.

To remove Transmission's preference files (do this with transmission not running), delete ~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.transmission.plist .

That means, go to your home folder, find "Library" (not the one at the root of your hard drive, but the one inside your User name folder) inside find "Preferences" then delete a file called "org.m0k.transmission.plist".

Then relaunch Transmission and see if the problem is still there. (this could remove any current torrents, I'm uncertain)

Good luck!
Last edited by cheule on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
mattburn

Post by mattburn »

Thanks Cheule, hopefully that fixes my bug.
cheule

Post by cheule »

x190 wrote:@cheule
I assume you mean "org.m0k.transmission.plist", not *handbrake*! :)
lol. yes. :lol:
fishbert

Post by fishbert »

I see a similar issue...

When I select one or more torrents, right-click, and pick "pause selected" from the menu, everything else that's not selected drops to zero speed (up or down) before slowly crawling back up from nothing. It's as if the un-paused ones get their connections reset and have to start all over with asking peers for a connection.
pompey

Post by pompey »

Hi,

I'm definitely seeing the issue as described above; when I pause an individual torrent using the "Pause Selected" function, all other torrent transfers seem to "drop out" and seem to start back after a while "It's as if the un-paused ones get their connections reset and have to start all over with asking peers for a connection.".

This issue has persistently occurred and is still happening despite a fresh install of OS X, so it can't simply be a problem with preference files, etc..

I have tried searching Trac for this bug but can't seem to find it, has it not been logged as a bug?
Gary King

Post by Gary King »

Same problem here.
ao.carson

Post by ao.carson »

I'm getting this exact problem in version 1.76. This is an old thread, but did anyone ever find a solution to this? Thank you... aoc