Several users accessing the same transmission daemon

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
markyboy

Several users accessing the same transmission daemon

Post by markyboy »

Guys,

I'm new to transmission and looking for a solution that would permit me and my dad to use the same transmission daemon installed on my QNAP NAS.
The idea is to have distinct download/upload lists for him and for me. It would work like both of us are adding own torrents to download but he can see only his downloads and I can see only my torrents.
Is it possible???

I thought the transmission allows several accounts (users to login), but now I'm not sure...

Please help me.
disc0rd

Re: Several users accessing the same transmission daemon

Post by disc0rd »

I think you'd need to run an instance of the daemon for each user, passing a different '-g' option for each instance (-g is the switch that points to the config directory, it stores the settings and .torrent files, etc). You'll have to run each daemon on a different port, too... not just the incoming port for the torrents, but the web interface port, too.
BELzEBUB

Re: Several users accessing the same transmission daemon

Post by BELzEBUB »

Maybe Torrentflux-b4rt (http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/home.html) is what you are looking for. Its a multiuser webinterface for different protocols including bittorrent. You can choose different bittorrent clients for example transmission.