Remove files and torrents and trash them policy change

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
antiklesys

Remove files and torrents and trash them policy change

Post by antiklesys »

Is it possible to add an option to PERMANENTLY delete the added torrents (instead of just auto moving to trash) and also do the same with the files when you right click on them either on the web interface or normal interface?
I'm asking this cause i'm using Slitaz, a minor Linux distro and since i manage everything from the web interface and rarely from VNC interface, i would love to be able to destroy everything permanently from there instead finding out that i have 95GB of wasted space in a recycle bin i didn't know to have.
antiklesys

Re: Remove files and torrents and trash them policy change

Post by antiklesys »

Also can anyone confirm that it was actually deleting files rather than moving them to trash in 1.72 / 1.73 or even 1.74?
John Clay
Transmission Project

Post by John Clay »

antiklesys wrote:Also can anyone confirm that it was actually deleting files rather than moving them to trash in 1.72 / 1.73 or even 1.74?
It never deleted the files, only moved them to trash - at least on the Mac client. Not sure about Linux.
antiklesys

Post by antiklesys »

I'm sure it worked the way i say instead, since i remember my disk space freeing up.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

I think this is something specific to your distro and not something in transmission since it seems that is has setup a trashcan that can even be used by non-interactive processes (a.k.a backgrounded).
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

The way it works in the GTK+ client is that if g_file_trash() is supported by the system when Transmission is built, it will try to use that first. If that fails, it will just delete the file.