Peers - Torrent Inspector

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
ilmolto

Peers - Torrent Inspector

Post by ilmolto »

Hi guys,

I think Transmission is easily the best torrent client for Mac. I love its simplicity and at the same time its powerfulness. Great stuff! Anyway, I have a question about the inspector window. In the peers tab, what exactly does the % column represent? Is it showing the percentage the peer has downloaded or the percentage that you have downloaded from that peer? Would be nice to know exactly what it is. Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Daniel
Last edited by ilmolto on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bollywood

Re: Peers - Torrent Inspector

Post by bollywood »

That is the percentage of the torrent that that peer currently has.
ilmolto

Post by ilmolto »

Thank you very much. So if a peer has 100% of the file, they are a seeder, right? Have a look at the picture I included in the original post. At the bottom it says there is 1 total seeder, but how can this be when the highest percentage is 96.4?
ilmolto

Post by ilmolto »

Well that explains it. Awesome guys, thanks for your help. If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to ask them here.

Regards,

Daniel
ilmolto

Post by ilmolto »

Actually, one more thing. What does the lock symbol represent?
Rolcol

Post by Rolcol »

Did you know that clicking on the peer's percentage actually toggles between the percentage in numbers and a progress bar? Also: if the torrent has many files that most people don't need, they can still be considered partial seeders even without having 100%. They're partial seeders if they are no longer downloading but they share what they have.