Can't move file from one external to another.

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
jbaylies

Can't move file from one external to another.

Post by jbaylies »

I'm trying to move 300+ torrents from one hard drive to another. From the 300GB Seagate (Prometheus) to the 2TB Micronet (Fantom).

The Seagate (Prometheus) is FAT-32, and Micronet (Fantom) is Mac OS extended (journaled)

Whenever I try to move said files from the Seagate to the Micronet through Transmission I get the following error.

I found that I could not even manually drag the file over and select it using 'Move Data File To...' It still gave me the same error. However, I could manually drag the file over, redownload the torrent file, open it in the same directory, and that would work fine, but I would like to not have to do that for 300+ files.

Also, I can move torrents from my other 500GB Mac OS extended (journaled) WDC WD50 external and my 80GB Maxtor internal with no problems, and I've tried different versions of Transmission with no luck.

Any suggestions?
dimlighted

Re: Can't move file from one external to another.

Post by dimlighted »

I'm having the exact same problem. All of my torrents are located on a 320gb WD Passport via USB and I'm trying to move them to a LaCie Quadra 2TB connected via firewire 800. The passport is formatted ntfs and the lacie is mac os extended (hfs+).

Any help would be appreciated!