TRANSMISSION 1.76 - DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
KC_23

TRANSMISSION 1.76 - DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION

Post by KC_23 »

Hello all,

Apologies in advance for possibly 'digging' up a previously discussed topic.

I have recently joined the revolution with a new imac and am am running 10.6.2 with version 1.76 Transmisison

On my usual PC i was running uTorrent with no problems downloading - with transmission on my new mac it connects fine (can see all the active connections) it then starts rapidly fluctuating in d/l speed and then eventaully maintains a speed. It then suddenly drops connection and my whole internet is cut...
I have read in numerous forums on the net about this prob but haven't seen a conclsuive explanation as to why this happens?

Do i need to set my router up differently? - i can run the net fine on the mac - it seems to be just in the transmission client?

Any ideas / thoughts would be welcomed - i don;t want to have to set up a dual OS with windoze on it - i'm sure a mac is might enough to download torrents too....
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: TRANSMISSION 1.76 - DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION

Post by livings124 »

1.80 is latest.
jakub

Post by jakub »

hi,

i got the same problem i think started with update to 10.6 Snow Leopard ... sometimes transmission just drop my internet connection (i cannot load any website) and also sometimes reset its self ... and yes version 1.80 do the same ... is there some setup to avoid these problems ?

thanx
KC_23

Post by KC_23 »

I have just updated to 1.80 and it showed promising results (to start with) and then ghot about 1/2 way through the d/load and crashed the adsl connection.

I have played around wih the peer connections etc....

One thing i do notice is that my ADSL light really starts flickering quite hard and getting almost faded out during the download anf then goes to the point of comepletly shutting out... ???

Is the router choking under the load/connections???