Labels in Ubuntu

Feature requests not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
primetime34

Labels in Ubuntu

Post by primetime34 »

I really enjoy the neat and clean interface of Transmission and really enjoy having a native Linux app for torrents instead of using utorrent. However, the lack of labels is really killing me. With 33 active torrents it is a disaster without some sort of labeling system. Any idea if/when this feature will be coming to the Linux version of Transmission? I really, really don't want to have to utorrent through wine.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Labels in Ubuntu

Post by Jordan »

There's a ticket for it, but it's not currently set to any milestone.

In human English, this roughly means it's on the TODO list but isn't a high priority at the moment. If some programmer had a pressing need for this and decided to submit a patch for it, the patch would be very likely to be used.
primetime34

Post by primetime34 »

Gotcha...now what can we do to "grease the wheels". :D If I knew how to develop at all I would work on it but I know nothing...just an interested user. :D
bonym

Post by bonym »

Does it mean, Ubuntu Transmission have no labeling, or only the api (RPC) is missing?
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

To keep the forums tidy I'm going to close this thread because it's a duplicate of this thread. Please continue this conversation there. Thanks!